- Texas! Upcoming Seminars!
Martial Arts Masters
Topics: Karate and Arnis (Filipino Stick Fighting)
November 7th – in Dallas, TX
November 8th – in Fort Worth, TX area
- NW State of the Arts Seminar
Join us for a State of the Arts day of training with four superb instructors… October 24!
- Professor Dan Anderson founder of American Freestyle Karate and MA80 Arnis/Eskrima
- Grandmaster Mark Kline founder of the Kyusho Institute and Architect of the PinPoint™ method of pressure point fighting
- Rory Miller, author of “Meditations on Violence” and “Facing Violence”
- Sensei Jason Luedtke, Judo master and creator of Sensei SauceCost for the seminar is $100.00 whether you pre-register or pay at the door. However, for those who pre-register, you can get some pretty cool gifts from the instructors.More information here. Click on the Tickets link to pre-register and see the gifts!
- October is Bully Prevention Month
We will be hosting free and paid events.
Come learn how to handle physical, verbal, cyber and workplace bullying. Free Pizza and cookies for all participants! Team up with us to help end bullying in your life and community.
Schedule is 1pm-4pm. See specific times for age groups.
- Go Beyond the Grades
Our three-week school readiness program is beginning September 14!To find out more, please visit our Kids Programs page. Anderson Martial Arts SUMMER CAMP was a success! Check out the Summer Camp page to learn more.
For other events, visit the events page or contact the school.
- DAV 30th Anniversary
Modern Arnis – Classical styles class by Dan AndersonThis is a piece of what I taught today (Aug. 5th). I was showing how the Presas family art of arnis worked hand in glove with the Modern Arnis we see today and how it completes the package, so to speak, of Modern Arnis. Remy Presas included far more of his family art in his Modern Arnis teachings during the early 1980s. This is the first thing learned in Modern Arnis.
- The DAV Chronicles continued…
Boy, where do I start? At the beginning I suppose. I overslept this morning. I woke up at 8:45 – 15 minutes before I was supposed to teach. I had time to grab a cup of coffee before I made it to the main field. Thanks to Carsten. He loaned me his hat so that I didn’t get cooked by the sun again.
My class – they just keep getting better and better. I began with disarm reversals or counters. Someone tries to disarm you and you handle their action. I told them from the beginning that it had nothing to do with technique and had everything to do with observation of your partner. We worked some very simple moves and then I let them play with the concept.
The second section was joint lock reversals. Where in the disarm counters you had to see and feel what your partner was doing, with the lock counters you had to really go by feel. This one you develop tactile observation. They did great!
Both sections of the class were based on two concepts:
1. observe your partner and ...
- Summer Camp 2015!–We are happy to announce the dates for our this year’s Summer Camp.–> June 22-26> July 20-24> July 27-31> August 3-7–This is an all day camp. We do Karate and other Martial Arts, craft projects, hiking, field trips and more. Groups are small and spaces fill fast.–Cost is $175 per week if registered before April 30th, $200 per week if you register in May, and $225 after that. Receive a 10% discount for 2 or more weeks purchased.Contact us for more information or to register.
- Additional 3-4 year old class
We added another 3-4 year olds class on Mondays and Wednesdays 4:05-4:35pm. Find out more about this and other classes TODAY.
Take advantage of our introductory offer.
- Summer Camp 2015!